Pride of Self-righteousness

Luke 18 (NKJV)

10 “Two men went up to the temple to pray, one a Pharisee and the other a tax collector. 11 The Pharisee stood and prayed thus with himself, ‘God, I thank You that I am not like other men—extortioners, unjust, adulterers, or even as this tax collector. 12 I fast twice a week; I give tithes of all that I possess.’ 13 And the tax collector, standing afar off, would not so much as raise his eyes to heaven, but beat his breast, saying, ‘God, be merciful to me a sinner!’ 14 I tell you, this man went down to his house justified rather than the other; for everyone who exalts himself will be [a]humbled, and he who humbles himself will be exalted.”

God despises proud. And we immediately think ah! I don't have pride. I am not proud of the Blessings I have received like materialistic stuff or personal or family achievements but I give Glory to God in all those instances. 

Well, little do we realize we have a much bigger and worser form of pride - pride of self-righteousness. Remember the instances where our heart rushes to judge someone's mistake and bloats with pride saying I am not like him or her. I do not gossip like them. I am regular Church-goer not like that family, I am not a sinner like that person, I give my time, talents and tithes to God correctly not like my fellow Church member. I support poor I give to charity, I help folks in my Church. These all account to Pride of self-righteousness. The moment we think in our heart we are righteous than someone else by our deeds, without acknowledging God's Grace is what has made us righteous we have fallen into the traps of pride. If we do good things there is nothing to be proud of. It's what we have been created for, it's what we are called for.

Always encourage and Build people around you. We are not here to judge but to love.

Galatians 6 : 1 Brethren, if a man is overtaken in any trespass, you who are spiritual restore such a one in a spirit of gentleness, considering yourself lest you also be tempted. Bear one another’s burdens, and so fulfill the law of Christ.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Humblest the Greatest!

Fast becomes Feast!